Our Practice provides and specialises in the following services:
- Annual Financial Accounts & Sole Trader Accounts
- Self Employed Contractors
- Book-keeping Services
- Business Start Ups
- Business Plans & Financial Forecasts
- Company Secretarial Services
Annual Financial Accounts & Sole Trader Accounts:
As well preparing your accounts in accordance with the statutory guidelines, we help you to understand the accounts process and help you interpret what a set of Financial Accounts means in terms of how your business is performing and help you make any adjustments necessary in order to improve the performance of your business…
Our services under preparing Financial Accounts would include:
- Prepare Annual Financial Accounts for Companies, Sole Traders and Partnerships.
- Prepare Abridged accounts and file the Annual Return to the companies’ office.
- Complete Corporation Tax, Income Tax and Partnership tax returns on your behalf.
- Taxation advice in order to minimise any tax liabilities and also ensuring compliance with the revenue.
The audit of the annual financial statements is a statutory requirement for all limited companies which cannot avail of the audit exemption. click to read more…
We ensure that your business is compliant with all rules and regulations under current legislation. Our audit programs are designed to be client specific and are tailored accordingly.
In addition to meeting statutory requirements, our annual audit aims to identify opportunities to improve your operations. We also see the audit function as an opportunity to evaluate possible improvements in the Management and Financial functions of the business.
Self Employed Contractors:
We provide a one stop service to allow contractors get on with their work while we take care of all the regulation and taxation…
We sit down on an individual basis with each new contractor to discuss his/her needs and any tax planning that may be available to the client. Our aim is to use any available tax planning measures to ensure that the client receives the maximum after tax income available to him/her and at all times ensuring that the client meets his/her regulatory and taxation responsibilities. We also meet clients out of hours and at convenient locations in order for them to can maximise their income by not having to take time off to meet with us.
Our aim in relation to taxation is to offer you and your business the most tax efficient solutions. With the backing of our tax consultants we can help you and your business in all areas of taxation…
Our comprehensive range of services includes:
- Corporate tax planning
- Personal tax planning
- Business start ups
- Revenue Audits
- Group structures and company reorganizations
- Marital Breakdown
- Gift and Inheritance planning
- Vat planning
Derek Madden & Company provide book-keeping services for business owners desiring the advantages of accurate, well organised records but without the complexities or costs involved in employing a full or part time book-keeper…
Our services would include:
- Free book-keeping consultation to assess client’s book-keeping needs.
- Set up local, computerised book-keeping systems.
- Review existing book-keeping systems, identify the client’s needs and make recommendations.
- Recommendation of appropriate accounting software for your business needs.
- Regular input of new information.
- Completion and filing of bi-monthly vat returns.
- C2 application package for the construction industry and filing of Relevant Contract Tax Returns.
- Produce management accounts for month-end, quarterly or year-end periods.
- Prepare payroll records on a weekly/monthly basis. Provide payslips for each period.
- Completion and filing of monthly P30 returns.
- Completion and filing of the annual P35 return.
- Create management reports as requested for loan purposes.
- Assist with tax preparation.
- Assist in the preparation for Revenue and Social Welfare audits including VAT and PAYE/PRSI.
- Derek Madden & Company will help you keep all your returns up to date. We will inform you when the returns are due and request the relevant information needed for us to make the returns on time.
Flexibility is an important aspect of Derek Madden & Company.
Our book-keeping services can be set up either on-site (at your office) or off-site (at ours).
This work is done at your office using your computer system and accounting software.
Appointments can be arranged at a time that, as much as possible, matches your schedule.
- Data is input into your computer system at your business or home office.
- Your documents never leave your premises.
- Book-keeping work is scheduled to be done at a time convenient to you so we can discuss your business transactions if necessary.
You provide the necessary paperwork and we manage the data using our own computer system and software. Paperwork will be returned to you when completed.
- You furnish the necessary paperwork and the information will be put into our computer system.
- No requirement for you to own a computer or purchase accounting software.
- Do not need to own a computer to benefit from the advantages of computerised records.
- If you later decide to purchase a computer, all your records can be transferred onto it.
Be assured that your financial information will be kept strictly confidential at all times. The security of your business records is important to us. They will be maintained accurately and confidentially.
Having well organised records for your accountant makes his/her job quicker, thus saving you money when your year end accounts need to be done.
Existing book-keeper in place?
Derek Madden & Company can help.
1. Your accountant does your book-keeping:
Derek Madden & Company can provide you with book-keeping services at a cheaper rate as you will not be paying an audit charge out rate.
We have a specialised book-keeping division allowing us to give your book-keeping our top priority unlike accountants who will have other priorities.
2. You employ an in-house/self employed book-keeper:
- By outsourcing the work, Derek Madden & Company can save you the fixed costs of having an employee including the employer’s PRSI expense.
- With Derek Madden & Company you will only be paying for the time that it takes to carry out the book-keeping work rather than employing a part-time/full-time book-keeper. This will reduce your costs significantly each year.
- As we have a team of dedicated book-keepers, you do not need to worry about the times when your book-keeper is unavailable due to sickness or holidays. Our team is structured to provide cover for any absences.
- We have structures and systems in place so you can be confident that all your information is backed up.
- We provide continuous training for our book-keeping division to ensure we keep up to date with Revenue legislation and continue to provide you with the best service.
- We have vast experience with a team of qualified members of the Certified Public Accountants in Ireland.
Business Start Ups:
One of the most important parts of any new business is to make sure that it is structured correctly from the outset…
Our services under business start ups would include:
- Advise on whether setting up as a sole trader, partnership or a limited company would best suit your business needs.
- Help formulate Business Plans that are needed during the commencement of a new business.
- Assist you in preparing projections for future Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash flow projections
- We can also provide a fixed cost competitive quote for the first year of your business in order to minimise set-up costs.
Business Plans & Financial Forecasts:
Research has shown that over 50% of businesses that start without a business plan fail within the first 2 years.
Success in modern business requires planning. It makes sense at an early stage to seek the advice and assistance of an experienced professional to ensure that your business is set up on a sound footing.
For the right and well presented idea, there is always finance available. New ventures must be backed by coherent, reasoned business plans and then cared for with the right measure of financial control. We can advise on forms of start up capital, be it from government grants and incentives, bank borrowings, lease finance or your own resources.
We can guide and assist in the preparation of business plans for presentation to proposed sources of finance. As part of this process, we will help with budget forecasting and provide a break-even analysis.
Company Secretarial Services:
Derek Madden & Company facilitates the outsourcing of this function reducing the heavy administration burden on our clients. This burden imposed by the Companies Acts can have significant consequences on directors and therefore extremely important that directors take corporate compliance seriously…
Our services under Company Secretarial Services would include:
- Company incorporations
- Filing of the Annual companies return
- Advice and preparation of AGM & EGM minutes
- Maintenance of the share register
- Registration of business names
- Competitor research
- Preparation of statutory forms to record change of Directors, change of name or change of registered office.
- Provision of Registered Office facilities
- Advising on the method of the dissolution and strike-off of companies
- We can also advise on all of the annual requirements for companies and their officers (directors and secretaries) under Company Law and assist you to comply with these.
Our Company Secretarial service guarantees a highly professional approach, which assures you of a confidential, efficient and quality service.